Postdoctoral Fellow – Radiology
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the laboratory of Dr. Vincent Ho within the Radiology (RAD) department within the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to RAD.
The position involves the development of post processing methods mainly for medical image analysis for a variety of preclinical imaging including magnetic resonance images and molecular imaging. The position has the opportunity to also collaborate on clinical post-processing projects as well. The position will involve a collaboration with the National Institutions of Health.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with a research team. Pursuits research along a focused line of inquiry and has a manuscript in development.
NOTE: As per Executive Order 14042, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development. (90%)
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
- Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which involves specialized procedures.
- Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments
- Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; experience working with medical images and deep learning algorithms is highly desirable. Programming experience with MatLab, Python, C/C++, and/or Java is required. Ability to analyze and interpret data and image post-processing experience required.
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree required in Computer science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics or related field required
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 0-5 years of experience is required.
Work Environment: Laboratory environment.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid work environment; some days on site, some days from home
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Job Type: Full-time