Metaverse Research Engineer, Technology Innovation
We are looking for a Metaverse Research Engineer to research and develop use-cases for applying digital reality/metaverse and human augmentation interfaces to financial services and the asset management industry.
Point72’s Technology Innovation Team
The Technology Innovation team at Point72 focuses on researching and experimenting with a broad range of technologies that could bring transformational impact to our firm. We conduct research in areas like applied quantum technology, novel non-traditional computing paradigms, applied artificial intelligence, heterogenous architectures, digital reality, machine-brain interfaces, and other areas.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Metaverse Research Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will prioritize areas of research based on the likely impact of digital reality/metaverse and human augmentation interfaces on financial services and the asset management industry, collaborate with internal teams for identifying use-cases, collaborate with academia and commercial firms to foster research partnerships, and develop relationships with the wider tech industry and startup ecosystems. For the successful candidate, we are flexible on the location for this role.
Specifically, you will:
- Explore and understand trends in digital reality, metaverse, DeFi, NFT’s and human augmentation interfaces, identify opportunities, use-cases, and areas of impact and transformation for our business
- Experiment with creating digital content, digital spaces, DeFi, NFT’s immersive spaces using AR/VR/VR hardware and software technology stack
- Conduct in-house research and offer thought leadership in a collaborative framework with in-house teams and external parties
- Collaborate with academia, industry, and start up ecosystems to conduct joint research and experimentation. Your academic contact network will enable you to make significant headway in this space
- Publish whitepapers, position papers, tech reports and research papers around digital reality/metaverse and human augmentation technologies.
- Champion and foster a culture of innovation at all levels of the organization
- Partner internally as needed to ensure adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and Point72 Compliance Policies.
- PhD or Master’s background in computer science or other engineering disciplines, including recent graduates and post-doctorate candidates
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: 3D/AR/VR/MR/XR technologies, AR cloud/Spatial Computing, Computer Vision, Immersive user collaboration experiences, Immersive Smart Spaces, Affective Computing/Emotional AI interfaces, Digital Humans/Twins, Brain Machine Interfaces, or similar areas
- Experience or Knowledge in DeFi and NFT’s is a big plus
- Excellent written & interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts
- Be curious, embrace uncertainty and be comfortable with failure while exploring with new ideas
- Commitment and adherence to the highest ethical standards
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women, minorities and the LGBT+ community
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.