BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber PhD or PhD student (preferred if PhD in life sciences) as an academic consultant. The role is to help our students with review and critique of their applications (Note we do NOT write any application documents for our students, rather we teach them how to make their applications stand out), and admissions interview preparation.
Are You the Needle in a Haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to help us promote diversity so that everyone has an equal chance at higher education regardless of racial, cultural, or socioeconomic background?
Would you like to be part of a team that is shaping the future of admissions?
If you answered "yes", here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a regular basis because we understand the long-term impacts of our work. We know how to manage our time and fulfill competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and its impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first before our own personal needs and desires. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the mornings. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to learn more about admissions and coaching students because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your CV, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you truly understand admissions, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies to coach our students, create new programs, love to be a part of a team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
What We Do
- Act in BeMo's interest
- Top performance
- Focus on results
- Seek feedback
- Nothing is impossible
- Everyone is a manager
- Freedom of time
- Freedom of space
What We Don't Do
- Act selfishly
- Average performance
- Focus on hours
- Make excuses
- Need supervision
- Work 9 to 5
- Work at the "office"
What We Offer
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office".
- Freedom to choose your hours. We focus on results, not the hours or arbitrary 9 to 5.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development, and career advancement.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative, and leading EdTech mission.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and disability insurance benefits for full-time team members and their spouses without coverage.
- Generous self-directed vacation policy for full-time team members.
- $2,000 yearly personal and professional development fund for full-time team members.
- Quarterly team dinners and fun events.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and critique application documents and provide feedback to help students improve their applications.
- Conduct mock interviews and provide feedback to help students improve their interview performance.
- Advance through the ranks of our consulting department quickly to seek a management position.
- Continuously demonstrate a genuine passion for mentoring our students and improving our overall operations and impact as a company (i.e. This will not be just a part-time job/side source of income to you).
- Must be available a minimum of 20 hrs/week consistently.
- Must hold a PhD degree or completing a PhD (PhD candidate) in Psychology, Education, Life Sciences, or related fields. Preferred if PhD in life sciences.
- Must have excellent writing skills and track record.
- Bonus if you are fluent in French in addition to English.
Traits of Successful Applicants:
- Must be looking for a long-term role and not looking for a "stepping stone" short-term gig.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
- Tech savvy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and have a great work ethic.
- Managerial attitude taking full responsibility for assigned roles.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must have access to a quiet private room with a door that's noise and distraction free.
- Must have access to an ergonomic chair and desk.
- Must have access to high speed and reliable Internet with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast-growing company.
Our Hiring Process:
Our hiring process includes a review of your application, a skills assessment test, a virtual interview and lastly, a face-to-face interview with select members of our team via video conference, followed finally by reference calls.
How to Apply:
Simple. Send us your cover letter indicating why you believe you will be an excellent match for this position along with your resume or CV to consulting [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com.
Please quote job #22167 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel that you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to proceed with your application. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.