Once you start the application process, you will not be able to save your work, so you should collect all required information before you begin. The required information is listed below in the job posting.
You must complete all required portions of the application and attached the required documents in order to be considered for employment.
Applications are invited for the position of Dean, College of Business Administration (COBA) at the University of New Orleans (UNO). The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with AACSB accreditation, fundraising skills, a history of success in working within a business community, and the ability to envision and provide leadership to advance the College of Business Administration. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical, as are openness, integrity, and a spirit of collaboration.
The Dean will be the chief executive officer of COBA, reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and will have responsibility for leading the College and managing its resources to accomplish its teaching, research, and service mission. The College of Business Administration (COBA) provides excellence in higher education, research, community leadership, and service. From its renowned business programs to community-involved faculty to acclaimed research centers, students are prepared to succeed in a demanding job market. COBA offers a broad selection of degrees in its four departments (Accounting; Economics and Finance; Management and Marketing; and Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration). The College promotes students' self-motivation to excel and guides them toward professional careers and entrepreneurship in an environment of life-long learning.
The next Dean of the College of Business Administration will bring to UNO a passion for supporting student learning, world-class faculty, and a dedicated staff. The next dean will:
- provide leadership to students, faculty, and staff that fosters and sustains college-wide excellence in teaching, research, and service, and prepares and supports a professional workforce.
- foster collaboration among faculty and other deans and play an essential role in the University's growth and advancement.
- work with the faculty to articulate a vision for the College and work with the Provost and President to implement that vision.
- actively participate in fundraising efforts, recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty, strengthening undergraduate and graduate educational programs, and creating a research environment that supports faculty's creativity and innovation.
- manage college resources to achieve the teaching, research, and service mission of UNO.
- facilitate communication and collaboration between COBA and its external stakeholders, including alumni, industry, and the greater community.
- evaluate faculty performance and advise the Provost of faculty line recommendations. This includes evaluation of faculty teaching, service, and scholarly activity; performance counseling in cases of unsatisfactory performance; encouragement of professional development including grant proposals; recommendations for sabbatical and other leaves of absence, tenure, and promotion.
- work with the Office of Enrollment Services to recruit and retain students in the business program. In conjunction with the Admissions Office, create a system of communication with current and prospective business students.
- Enhance and execute College's strategic initiatives and contribution to the University's long-term cultivation.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and a record of teaching, scholarly achievement, service, and other qualifications that merit appointment as a Professor in one of the College's disciplines
- At least three (3) years of successful administrative or leadership experience and significant budgetary responsibility
- External fundraising experience and knowledge
- Experience in AACSB accreditation, program evaluation and review, strategic planning, and programs for student advisement, recruitment, and retention
- Experience with graduate degree programs such as MBA and Executive MBA, non-traditional programs, accelerated bachelors, and study abroad programs
- Excellent record of publications
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively with people across a range of differences and with a diverse range of disciplines and groups
Please upload the following documents in the Resume/Cover Letter section.
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and University of Louisiana Systems;
- Names and contact information of three references.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered
Posting Close Date : This position will remain open until filled.
Note to Applicant:
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions at the University of New Orleans may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.