Minimum Experience Required
Teaching experience at the university or community college level
Minimum Education Required
PhD in Geography, ABD in geography considered.
Minimum Licenses Required
Other Minimum Requirements
PhD in Geography
1. Experience teaching geography courses at a university or community college level
2. A record of successful and effective teaching in a survey and general education geography courses based on retention rates and evaluations.
3. Experience in grant writing and/or willingness to write grants
4. Experience with student recruiting
5. Scholarly publications and presentations
Other Preferred Requirements
SACS certification to teach history courses
If Grant Period or Specified Period selected, please specify begin date
If Grant Period or Specified Period selected, please specify end date
Proposed Ending Date (for faculty and grant funded positions)
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Department of History and Geography invites applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor of geography position at Nicholls State University. The department is looking for a broadly-trained geographer capable of teaching physical and cultural geography survey courses and Louisiana geography to undergraduates. Ability to teach GIS and environmental geography preferred, but the program welcomes applicants trained in a variety of areas in geography.