The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University was established in 1979 to conduct basic and applied research in robotics technologies relevant to industrial and societal tasks. Seeking to combine the practical and the theoretical, we have diversified efforts and approaches to robotics science while retaining the original goal of realizing the potential of the robotics field.
Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Institute is searching for a Postdoctoral Fellow. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by developing new methods for object manipulation, likely involving representation learning and deformable objects.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Mentor Master's students or undergraduates on related projects.
- Implement methods for object manipulation and test both in simulation and in the real world.
- Develop new methods for object manipulation, likely involving representation learning and deformable objects.
- Conduct research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctorate Degree in a related field required.
Experience with robotics, machine learning, computer vision, deep learning, reinforcement learning; experience with writing and publishing papers.
Python programming language experience preferred.
You should demonstrate:
Strong oral and written communication skills, problem-solving and reasoning skills, organization and planning skills, and analyical skills.
You should have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, as well as good analytical and problem solving skills. Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Robotics Institute. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at Carnegie Mellon University. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners with a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html.