Carnegie Mellon University’s mission is to build a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being. Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science (SCS) is widely recognized as one of the first and the best computer science programs in the world. Our programs train the next generation of innovators to take real-world problems and improve the way people live and work.
Carnegie Mellon University’s Machine Learning Department is searching for a Postdoctoral Fellow. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by carrying out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctorate Degree in a related field required.
Strong oral and written communication skills, problem-solving and reasoning, organization and planning skills, and analytical skills.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please apply!
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html.