Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Plant Science Res - 21000000I4
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Plant Science Res
Regular Full-time, Py Grade 00
The Department of Plant Sciences is searching for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to conduct research in the Field Crops Weed Science Program at the West TN Research and Education Center, in Jackson, TN. Research projects will focus on management of glyphosate-resistant weed species. This is a regular full-time, grant-funded position with benefits and is dependent on available funding and satisfactory performance. The tasks of this position will include but are not limited to:
• Conduct independent research in the field, greenhouse, and laboratory settings
• Maintain accurate and detailed research operations records
• Give presentations to farmers, crop consultants and industry personnel
• Able to operate and maintain farm equipment
• Assist in the supervision of undergraduate and graduate students, development of appropriate experiments, collection and analysis of data, interpretation of results, formulation of conclusions, and document in final written form (manuscripts)
• Participate manuscript and grant writing
• Ph.D. in Weed Science, Plant Sciences, or other related field with a concentration in Weed Science
• Basic understanding of herbicide modes of action and resistance development
• Experience working with herbicides
• Good command of qualitative and quantitative methods used in agricultural research
• Conscience etiquette for working chemical safety
• Superior English writing and speaking communication skills required
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
Submit a letter of application addressing the above qualifications, current resume or CV, transcripts, published manuscript, and 3 professional work references with application.
This is a regular full time position with benefits dependent on available funding.
Salary Range: $36-40k commensurate with experience, successful manuscript publication and grantsmanship.
Location: The University of Tennessee, The West Tennessee Research and Education Center in Jackson, TN.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Larry Steckel; email@example.com 731-425-4705
Plant Science - Res
Campus/Institute Institute of Agriculture
Apr 7, 2021, 8:13:46 AM