Carnegie Mellon University’s mission is to build a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being. Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science (SCS) is widely recognized as one of the first and the best computer science programs in the world. Our programs train the next generation of innovators to take real-world problems and improve the way people live and work.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Language Technologies Institute within the School of Computer Science. You will be responsible to carry out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project. This position will require an in depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports which contain descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The purpose of this role is to acquire the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Conduct research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate Degree in a related field is required
You should demonstrate:
Strong analytical skills, problem-solving and reasoning skills, organization and planning skills, and oral and written communication skills.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html