About Bakhtar University
Bakhtar University (BU) is one of the Afghanistan’s oldest and most prestigious privately held institutes. Established in 2005 from a small beginning at Kabul Polytechnic University, through its current location at Kart-e-Char, Bakhtar University is now recognized as being an integral part of Kabul. As an independent Afghanistan institution of higher education, BU as the first established privately held institution has been recognized with excellent and high quality programs comparable to its international affiliates such as Indira Gandhi National Open University, India, American International College USA, Georgetown University USA, Attaturk University, Turkey, University of Putra Malaysia (UPM). BU is pioneer in providing quality education in finance, accounting management and introducing master degree programs (MBA & MCS) for the first time in Afghanistan and is pioneer to provide permanent mechanism for obtaining higher academic & professional qualifications in Afghanistan. During its short existence, the university has made a significant impact in the field of higher education by reaching out to large section of the population with a range of diverse and relevant programs that are of high quality and affordable. Since its inception, the University has attracted approximately over 5000 students in various disciplines and enjoy a quality academic experience. (BU) offers a variety of specialist Undergraduate and Postgraduate in the areas of Business, Finance, Information Technology, Law, Journalism and Engineering which are directly linked to the human resource needs of the Afghanistan. All (BU) degree programs are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education Afghanistan and are also audited by The British Accredit System UK. The internationally recognized qualifications enable Bakhtar graduates to pursue rewarding careers in Afghanistan’s burgeoning employment market. Because of high quality teaching program, BU students are currently placed in prominent positions in both the public and private sectors across the region. BU’s Center for Language & Culture offers language courses in English. They range from English language study for University preparation. BU faculty is a mix of locally and internationally recruited academics with extensive teaching, business and industry experience. They bring years of knowledge gained from research in their respective fields into the class room providing students with a stimulating academic environment. Classes are small in number, allowing the lecturers to cater to the students’ individual needs. BU maintains a long and proud tradition of excellence in education combined with liberal values of enquiry strives to provide a fertile environment for bright young minds to flourish, where critical thinking is both encouraged and nurtured - qualities which characterize great institutes of learning. We have very close links to the community. The staff and the administration work very closely to promote high quality education. You will find that the years you spend at Bakhtar University will be amongst the most productive, challenging and interesting years of your life.
· The Dean will be the representative of the Economics department in the university.
· The Dean will be responsible for all the meetings and for the growth of the department.
· The Dean will be responsible to implement the policies, rules and regulations assign by Vice Chancellor Academics in the department.
· Supervision of administration and financial issues of the department.
· Preparing the progress reports of the department and reporting all of them to Vice Chancellor Academics.
· Calling meetings of the CR’s of all classes of the department, collecting the complains and suggestions and solving the problems within the department.
· Cooperating with the finance department for collecting student fees.
· Cooperating with HR department about lecturers (visiting, regular) issues.
· Motivating teachers to perform well.
· Cooperating with other departments and bringing innovation in all departments with the approval of Vice Chancellor Academics and Vice Chancellor.
· Supervise recruiting, staffing, training, and performance appraisals for faculty and staff members of the Computer science department.
· Ensures compliance with concerning faculty and credentials in all programs.
· Helps recruit students with Admissions office.
· Prepare and supervise budget related to the on and off-campus of Economy programs.
· Completes Annual Reports for the department.
· Completes and monitor Academic Assessment and Strategic Planning documents (ASAPs).
· Exercise general supervision over the work and conduct, of faculty and staff in advising students;
· Recommend the appointment, promotion, tenure and dismissal of faculty members after consultation with Vice Chancellor Academics.
· The Dean shall direct the work of the faculty and administrative staff in the department.
· Dean is responsible for all functions and matters of the respected Department.
· In fulfilling the responsibilities of this office, the Dean shall preside call meetings of the faculty of the department.
· Supervise the curricula, courses outline, and methods of instruction and work with faculty for improvement, implement the purposes of the department consistent with those of the University and the policies of the management.
· Recruits new full-time and adjunct faculty members for the department with the approval of Vice Chancellor Academics.
· Preparing course outline for the students.
· Arranging meeting with Vice Chancellor Academics regarding the updated curriculum base on the market demand.
· Collecting attendance report from all the faculty members and keeping record.
· Will take classes as well.
· Any other task assign by Vice Chancellor Academics and Vice Chancellor.
Masters in Economics - PhD will be preferred
3 -5 years of relevant experience in this position.
Demonstrated ability to resolve problems both independently and collaboratively
Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work to tight deadlines
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent language proficiency in Dari, Pashto, and English
Knowledge of computer (MS Office).
· Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail.
· Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be short listed;
· Address: Kart-e-Char Opposite to Ministry of Higher Education, Kabul, Afghanistan
· Contact#: 0786-35-35-35