Lead Faculty – MBA (Bilingual: Mandarin-English)
Sofia University seeks to appoint a Lead Faculty for the online Chinese-language MBA. Reporting to the Program Chair, the Lead Faculty is responsible for collaborating with other faculty and supervising curriculum development, instructor recruitment and onboarding, construction of online courses (Canvas LMS), learning outcomes assessment, and operational delivery. This may be configured as a part-time FTE for the first year, though it is anticipated to become full-time within a year to 18 months. Individuals with academic and professional experience in any functional area of business represented by a typical MBA program will be considered.
The Lead Faculty position is remote.
Essentials Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintain the currency and supervise the revision of all Chinese-language MBA courses
• Hire, supervise and orient Subject Matter Experts to review and revise online courses and Adjunct Faculty to provide instruction
• Orient a student services team to monitor academic progress and student conduct issues, and develop processes and policies to produce student satisfaction, retention and graduation
• Prepare, submit and implement annual instructional budgets
• Supervise course development, submit annual assessment reports, and teach in appropriate area
• Teach one or more courses in the program • Additional duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in business and three years of management experience in a functional area
• Experience with the delivery of courses through online and blended modalities
• Experience in academic administration and/or program development
• Familiarity with learning outcomes assessment planning and implementation
• Familiarity with “best practices” in online and blended course development and instruction
• Fluency in both English and Mandarin (written and oral)
• Doctorate in business or management (PhD, DBA, DM, etc. all considered)
• Experience with Canvas LMS
Since 1975, Sofia University has aspired to be a leader in transformative higher education, offering students an education that transcends a traditional learning environment. For the last four years the university has offered professional degrees in business and computer sciences, the latter of which is also offered online in Mandarin.
Founded as the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Sofia University is WSCUC accredited and offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. Located in Palo Alto, California, with a branch campus in Costa Mesa, California, the University provides both on campus and online programs, giving students the flexibility to further an education rooted in transformative and transpersonal values, in a format that best suits their schedule and needs. Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer. Submit C.V. and cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Use subject heading: Lead Faculty MBA) Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.