This position will support the operations and coordination of state, federal, and local recovery efforts from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 health crisis. In this role, the candidate will liaison directly between GRI and the recovery agencies, ensuring that recovery operations are informed by GRI’s resilience expertise and methodologies. In addition, the candidate will serve as the lead liaison on a team of 5 other liaisons, each of which will have responsibility for a New England state or solution-based recovery team. The candidate will work closely with the other liaisons to maintain situational awareness across the New England region and to share key findings and recommendations.
Based on the ongoing needs of FEMA Region on, this position may also provide research support, analysis, and engagement as part of the execution of Global Resilience Institute’s ongoing and future research projects.
• Serving as lead liaison for a team of 6 liaisons, including serving as a primary point of contact for day to day operations with FEMA recovery coordinators.
• Producing resource guides and other analytical documents to support FEMA, the states, and solutions-based teams.
• Providing meeting summaries that document findings and recommendations of recovery working groups and for working sessions that address sector-specific, cross-sector, and other social, and economic challenges for each of the six New England states and at the regional level as directed by FEMA RI.
• Synthesizing and preparing responses to research requests that supports the outreach and engagement activities of the Economic Development Recovery Support Function Workgroup and other recovery support activities in support of FEMA RI recovery responsibilities.
• Providing operational support to recovery agencies in the six New England states or solution-based teams by scheduling and facilitating regular calls with cross-functional agencies.
• Working with state agencies and GRI experts to identify critical issues affecting resilient economic recovery and identifying relevant stakeholders in order to convene calls, workshops, or working groups that enable the issues to be addressed holistically and rapidly.
• Providing resilience expertise – either through direct engagement or facilitating engagement with GRI senior researchers – to recovery decision-makers;
• Providing research support, operational assistance, and engagement coordination, as needed, at the request of the respective recovery agencies.