- Pūkenga Hauora - Lecturer in Health permanent, full-time
- Do you have a doctoral qualification and want to join a growing area that is shaping the future of Health education?
- Can you thrive in collaborative environments?
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We wish to appoint a Lecturer in Health. This appointment provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to teaching and research within the School of Health and the University. You will join a growing, multidisciplinary School with a team that values collaboration, innovative thinking, excellence in teaching, and critical and transformational engagement, and is committed to the University's Treaty of Waitangi and equity obligations. You will ideally complement existing research concentrations in the School. The preferred applicant will have a PhD in a health-related field, be an active researcher with a publication record, and some experience in teaching and supervision.
- Develop teaching materials relevant to health and wellbeing for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, depending on your area of expertise. These could include introductory biology; population health; health research methods; Pasifika health; Māori health
- Coordinate courses on health and wellbeing topics
- Supervise students undertaking research in your areas of expertise and interest
- Be part of a vibrant team committed to improving health and wellbeing outcomes in Aotearoa NZ
- Undertake innovative and valuable health research
- Engage with key stakeholders including government, NGOs, and district health boards
Mōu - About you:
- PhD desirable
- Active researcher with a developing programme of health-related research
- Enthusiastic teacher
Knowledge of how the principles of the te Tiriti o Waitangi can be effectively upheld in academic and health settings.
- Expertise in a health-related field, such as population health, public health, indigenous health, Pacific health; or biostatistics desirable
- Team player
School of Health
The Faculty of Health was established in 2017 to support Victoria University's vision of Improving Health and Wellbeing in our Communities. The School of Health launched the Bachelor of Health in 2018, with major subjects in Health Psychology; Population Health, Policy and Service Delivery; Health Promotion; and Health Informatics. The Master of Health began in 2019 and in 2021 we launch the new Master of Health Psychology programme.
Download the role description from our careers site.
Contact details for vacancy: For further information please contact Professor Antonia Lyons, School of Health, at: email@example.com
About our University
As New Zealand's capital city university, we enjoy the benefits of New Zealand's wonderful landscape and lifestyle, contacts with Government, national research providers and a host of nearby research institutions. We are a relatively new School that prides itself on its collegiality and growing collaborations with many of New Zealand's top-ranked research clusters. This role is a rare opportunity for you to develop your career at a quality institution in one of the most liveable and cleanest cities in the world.
Important - application steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form from our careers site.
Click the Apply Now button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.