DEPARTMENT: School of Intelligent Finance and Business
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Supply chain management, operation management, accounting , business analytics, information system management, and management science.
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/Assistant Professor /Associate Professor depending on qualifications and experience
LOCATION: Suzhou Industrial park campus & Taicang campus
Lecturer: 23,150-25,594RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Assistant Professor: 29,046-31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Associate Professor: 36,127-40,189RMB (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Open until filled; however, applications received by 08 March 2021 at 12 pm (GMT +8) will be given first consideration
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 01 March 2021
JOB ID: 1905
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is China’s leading Joint Venture university. Founded in 2006, it now has almost 1,000 students in China; and another 3,500 in Liverpool completing degrees. It plans to grow to about 27,000 students by 2025. The strengths of the university are in Science and Technology, as well as some professional subjects like Architecture and Business. There are currently 865 academic staff, about half of whom are not citizens of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). The language of instruction, committees, and administrative work at XJTLU is English.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China, including nearby Shanghai. SIP is a significant growth zone, including operations run by more than one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth-largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has been on the receiving end of both private and public investments into innovation and R&D.
ABOUT THE TAICANG CAMPUS
Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is building a new teaching site in Taicang city - XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), with the collaboration of the Taicang Municipal Government and industry partners, as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. The new Taicang campus will be a pioneer of, and an educational model for developing talent and industry leaders to meet local, national, and global challenges of the 4th Industrial Revolution, in a state-of-the-art campus. XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus) is directed by a Leadership Team, which is comprised of the Taicang Principal, Taicang Associate Principal, Chief Operating Officer, School Deans and Director of Innovation Factories.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF INTELLIGENT FINANCE AND BUSINESS
The school is one of 6 industry-themed Schools in the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang campus), and there is the capacity to grow further within the college to a total of 10 schools. Common to each School is an Education, Research and Development Institute (“ERDI”) for teaching and university-business research collaboration, a professional services centre supporting daily activities of students, staff, and business partners, and a School Affiliated Company, which has been jointly established by XJTLU and the School’s industry partner for practical on-the-job learning and teaching. The governance and management of the School is through a School Council. The Dean of School oversees the School Management Team as well as contributing to the leadership of the Taicang campus.
The School of Intelligent Finance and Business is jointly developed by the University and an industry partner, AMT, to deliver the industry-themed programme(s). The first degree programme that the School has launched for the Academic Year 2019/2020 is BSc Intelligent Supply Chain.
AMT (Shanghai Qiyuan Technology Co., Ltd.) was established in 1998 and is currently a leading organisation for "Management + IT" consulting services in China. For more information please see http://www.amt.com.cn/index_en.aspx
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
We are looking for future colleagues from candidates in all the fields of supply chain management (quantitative preferred), operation management, accounting, business analytics, information system management, and management science who can:
- engage actively with new educational models and embrace innovative, interactive, technology-enhanced learning, teaching, and assessment approaches,
- understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative spirit, in line with the ethos of the campus and college,
- deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students, as evidenced for example by peers, students and external examiners,
- supervise undergraduate students and postgraduate students,
- conduct high-quality research, as shown by publications in leading journals,
- provide administrative service to the School, the University and its stakeholders.
The School of Intelligent Finance and Business is adopting a new higher education model based on the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE). SE is a new model that has been developed by the University to address future challenges from the 4th Industrial Revolution and is a core part of the University’s strategy for the next ten-year development that stresses innovation and entrepreneurship. SE aims at training syntegrative leaders with Management skills, International perspective, Discipline-specific knowledge, and adaptability in Industry (MIDI).
The position seeks individuals who will echo these values and are passionate about undergraduate and graduate student engagement. The University seeks faculty members who can model the excitement of engagement, discovery, and creativity and who are committed to education as an integrated and transformational process.
- A PhD degree in such as: supply chain management, operation management, accounting, business analytics, information system management, and management science or a closely aligned discipline; or be able to demonstrate an equivalent professional practice and engagement. Quantitative approach to research is preferred.
Self-motivated for innovative teaching with knowledge of relevant developments in learning and teaching practices.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong team-work spirit.
- Be willing to take further teaching training courses under the UK Professional Standards Framework (PSF).
- A good track record of engagement with business and industry.
- For PhD holders in supply chain and operation management, as our first BSc is a supply chain management degree, we particularly welcome those who have teaching and research expertise in quantitative approach to supply chain management (e.g. modelling and optimisation, demand forecasting, order fufillment, supply chain risk management).
- For candidates coming from a practitioner’s background or more experiences in industry engagement, we equally welcome those who have familiarity with the use of enterprise resource planning (SAP), inventory and warehouse management, purchasing and negotiation, or experiences with specialised areas such as supply chain finance, and supply chains for maritime logistics/food/automotive & aerospace/semiconductors & electronics /retail & services.
- University-level teaching experience.
- Appropriate research experience as evidenced by peer-reviewed journal publications for the corresponding academic position.
- For non-Chinese applicants, two years, full time, same subject teaching in a college/university is required by the Chinese work permit policy.
- Experience in block teaching.
- An institutional builder, and can work with wider disciplines across the Taicang campus.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please submit your applications online
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter specifying your suitability for the role
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for three references (at least a reference from current or most recent employer. Preferably current employer *and* last employer)
For further information and an informal discussion, please contact Dr Jiyao Xun, Programme Director of BSc Intelligent Supply Chain by email on Jiyao.Xun@xjtlu.edu.cn.
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resource Office.
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.