The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Carnegie Mellon University ranked among the top programs in the United States, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. We are an extremely collaborative department with ties to several multidisciplinary institutes and centers. We collaborate with colleagues around the world through a number of research and educational programs. We have world-class experimental and computing infrastructure, including state-of-the-art nanofabrication facilities.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate for Professor Byron Yu's research team. In this role, you will carry out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project. This position will require an in depth knowledge of a niche field, process, or subject area and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports which contain descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The purpose of this role is to acquire the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting in ensuring project deliverables are achieved
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty
- Participating/assisting in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations
- Gathering and analyzing data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data
- Conducting research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctorate Degree in a related field required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Strong organization and communication skills required
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please visit https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html to review our Statement of Assurance.