Location: Fall River, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Wed Jan 13 2021 Job Description:
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty - Supply Chain Management/Business (Open Rank - Instructor, Assistant, or Associate Professor)
DEPARTMENT: Business and Experiential Education
REPORTS TO: Dean of Business and Experiential Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Full-Time Faculty - Supply Chain Management/Business will teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of courses in the Business Administration discipline, which may include, but are not limited to, Supply Chain Management, Business, Management, and Marketing. Specific courses may be found online in the Academic Catalog. Courses may be held at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations and/or in the online environment as assigned. Additionally, this position will aid in the development of the college's new Supply Chain Management Certificate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of Supply Chain Management/ Business courses.
- Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and student learning outcomes and General Education competencies as appropriate, according to the teaching modality of the course (online, face-to-face, hybrid, etc.)
- Serve as academic advisor to assigned students.
- Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
- Develop appropriate discipline-related courses.
- Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
- Attend program, department, academic area, all-college and committee/council meetings.
- Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions.
- Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
- Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
- Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
- Foster student success across the college's diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
- Actively participate in the general college community and fulfil duties as stipulated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or related business/management field.
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience at the college level or equivalent industry training experience.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in the supply chain/logistics field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and online teaching and/or virtual trainings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Doctorate in related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in following subject areas: Business Administration, Business Analysis, Imports/Exports, Industrial Engineering, International Business, Logistics, Marketing, Management, Operations Management, Project Management, Quantitative Analysis, Supply Chain Management, or Transportation.
- Leveraging, Integrating, Networking, and Coordinating Supplies (LINCS) Certification or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Certification.
- Training experience or other demonstrable use of materials and assignments that incorporate international business and multi-cultural perspectives designed to improve the critical thinking, writing, verbal communications, and interpersonal skills of students.
- Strong experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of High Impact Practices, technologies, and inclusive pedagogy to enhance student learning.
- Experience in community college teaching, advising, and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks.
- Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate's experience.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
SALARY: Minimum salary $47,620 - $57,357 - actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.