Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia/the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
One of the world’s premier pediatric hospitals and research institutions, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), views diversity as a key driver of achievement, particularly when innovation is critical. As such, CHOP is committed to contributing to and supporting an inclusive and representative biomedical research workforce.
CHOP Research Institute has partnered with the University of Pennsylvania to create the CHOP Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Academic Diversity. This partnership allows diversity fellows from CHOP and Penn to form a cohesive cohort that takes advantage of programming and support at both institutions. CHOP diversity fellows are eligible to participate in all programming from Penn’s Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs Office.
About the Chop Fellowship:
- Offers an annual allowance for travel and supplies, and a one-time relocation allowance for external candidates
- Supports the fellow to develop into an independent investigator, create his/her professional network, and understand the process of attaining independent funding
- Includes a personalized mentoring component to support fellows with various career goals
- Provides workshops and seminars to prepare fellows for the next step in their careers
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Graduate students who will complete their Ph.D. requirements by the fellowship start date
- Postdoctoral scholars who have completed their dissertation within the last three years
- Professional applicants (M.D., D.M.D., V.M.D., J.D., etc.) within a year of completing their post-degree professional training
- Postdoctoral fellows who have been at CHOP less than one year at the time of application are eligible; candidates who are not currently at CHOP are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants must submit a completed application package (including reference letters and a letter of support from the selected CHOP-based mentor) by November 15, 2020
- Start dates will be arranged in consultation with the faculty mentor to begin as early as July 2021
For more information and to apply, please visit http://research.chop.edu/diversityfellowship .
Deadline (including letter of support): November 15, 2020
Please contact Paulette McRae, Ph.D. (email@example.com ) in the Office of Academic Training and Outreach Programs with any questions.
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.