The 2021/2022 INFN Fellowship Programme offers n. 15 (fifteen) positions for research activity in Experimental Physics.
Eligible candidates are non-Italian citizens.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree (or an equivalent qualification), obtained no more than eight years prior to the call deadline, i.e. on or after November 15 th , 2012. This time limit may be extended in case of:
- Maternity (18 months for each child born before or after the Ph.D. award, up to a maximum of 4.5 years);
- Paternity (effective time of leave taken for each child born before or after the Ph.D. award, up to a maximum of 4.5 years);
- National Service (effective time of leave taken after the Ph.D. award);
- Long-term illness, i.e. over 90 days, (effective time of leave taken for each incident occurred after the Ph.D. award).
The Fellowship cannot be awarded to those who have already benefited from the INFN Fellowship for a total duration of twenty-four months.
If the winners of this competition have already benefited from INFN Fellowship for a period of less than twenty four months, the new Fellowship may be awarded up to the aforementioned limit.
Those who have already received a Fellowship of the same type with the INFN cannot participate in the call.
The total elapsed time since the award of the PhD should not in any case surpass twelve years and six months. The reasons for an extension of the time limit must be duly documented only in case of a successful application. Failure in providing the appropriate documentation will result in the ineligibility for the appointment.
Candidates who are preparing their doctoral thesis are eligible to apply; however they must have obtained their Ph.D. degree by November 1st , 2021 or in any case before taking up their appointment with INFN.
The annual gross salary is € 36.000,00. Each fellowship is initially granted for one year and may be extended to a second year. Travel tickets to and from INFN sites will be reimbursed at the beginning and at the end of the fellowship; also lunch tickets will be provided for working days.
Applications, in electronic form, must be sent to INFN not later than November 16 th , 2020 (11:59 a.m. CET) through the website https://reclutamento.dsi.infn.it/ReclutamentoOnline/#!bandi/FELLOWSHIP
The applications should include the research topic(s) of interest, the preferred INFN site(s) – two at the most, chosen among those listed in Annex 1 – and:
- a statement of research interests (a summary of research accomplishments and future direction and potential of the work of the candidate at the selected INFN sites);
- a curriculum vitae;
- a publication list;
- the names and e-mail address of at least three referees: each of them may upload a reference letter not later than November 19 th , 2020 (11:59 a.m. CET).
Candidates will be excluded from participation in this call if they submit their application later than the deadline indicated.
Incomplete applications (lack of information or missing files) will not be considered.
The selection of the candidates will be based on:
1) the candidate's scientific quality, as shown by his/her CV and his/her track record of results achieved;
2) quality and relevance of the submitted scientific publications to be evaluated taking into account the specific research area and the candidate's career stage;
3) qualification of the candidate as attested in the submitted reference letters;
4) the candidate's scientific experience and qualifications with respect to the chosen research topic
At the end of the selection process, the results of the selection will be published at INFN website (Job Opportunities – Details of the announcement). Successful candidates will then receive an official communication from the INFN administration offices. The appointed fellows should start their fellowships not later than November 1st , 2021; special requests to defer the starting date can be considered.
Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati (Roma), Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso (L’Aquila), Laboratori Nazionali di Legnaro (Padova), Laboratori Nazionali del Sud (Catania);
INFN Sections in the Universities of :
Bari, Bologna, Cagliari, Catania, Ferrara, Firenze, Genova, Lecce, Milano, Milano Bicocca, Napoli, Padova, Pavia, Perugia, Pisa, Roma La Sapienza, Roma Tor Vergata, Roma Tre, Torino, Trieste, TIFPA.
The research programs of the candidates must be focused on the research fields of the INFN Sections and Laboratories selected. The INFN research fields are listed below:
- PARTICLE PHYSICS
- ASTROPARTICLE PHYSICS
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS
- TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH