Staff & Executive - Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory)
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Post Doctoral Fellow for the Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM) at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will conduct research on cell growth and cancer, focusing on understanding the complex interplay between signaling pathways and metabolic networks. Many highly impactful projects are available that can be tailored to the applicant’s interests and experience. Such projects include determining how signaling pathways coordinate metabolic networks in physiological settings, defining the impact of common oncogenic mutations on cancer cell metabolism, and identifying and exploiting metabolic vulnerabilities in tumors. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work at the interface of basic and translational science, utilizing the latest metabolomics, metabolic flux analysis, and expression profiling approaches in combination with mechanistic studies, to gain a comprehensive understanding of how signaling pathways remodel cellular metabolism and how to leverage these insights for therapeutic benefit. It is expected that research will lead to publications and that the Postdoctoral Fellow present their research and contribute to the preparation of grant and fellowship applications.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Carry out an independent research project studying signaling and/or metabolism in cell growth and cancer.
- Keep detailed records of procedures and experiments. Compile data and present findings.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts for publication, and contribute to the preparation of research grant and fellowship applications.
- Works independently as well as collaboratively, pays attention to detail, demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Rutgers’ regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
Hours Per Week
Annual Minimum Salary
Annual Mid Range Salary
Annual Maximum Salary
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment
Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility
Minimum Education and Experience
- A Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated research productivity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Laboratory environment. Universal precautions are mandatory.
- This position is contingent on the continued availability of funds to support it.
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or related field, with demonstrated research productivity?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application