Organize, design, and carry out experiments in cellular immunology, microbial immunology and molecular biology, including assessment of phenotype and function of NK cells, quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for measurement of mRNA, flow cytometry, signal transduction pathways in NK cells, protein expression and mycobacterial growth in human cells. Perform work in Biosafety Level 3 laboratory with mice and human cells. Provide assistance to other laboratory personnel and consults with Dr. Tripathi regarding laboratory projects.
Study the role of regulatory T cells (Tregs) in response M. tuberculosis infection. Work will involve both human and murine studies. Study immune responses to infectious diseases using mouse model. Hands-on experience in confocal microscopy and will use cellular and molecular imaging facility for the project.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Plans and conducts experiments in microbial immunology and molecular biology; experiments involving culture and evaluation of the function of human macrophages and NK-cells, assessment of mycobacterial growth in human macrophages, signal transduction pathways in NK cells, protein expression and measurement of mRNA by quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction. Perform work in Biosafety Level 3 laboratory with mice and human cells.
- Organizes data, writes manuscripts, and maintains accurate records of experiments performed
- Works collaboratively with others in laboratory
- Makes scientific presentations and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Postdoctoral degree in one of the life sciences
- Hands-on experience in confocal microscopy
- Strong background in cellular immunology
- Experience in studying immune responses to infectious diseases using mouse model
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler is committed to encouraging good health. As part of its efforts to achieve these goals of a tobacco-free hiring process, if you are offered a position at The University, you will be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen for tobacco compounds in compliance with applicable state laws.
Work Locations: Tyler 75701
Organization: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2020, 4:46:23 PM