The Perez Lab (http://perezgroup.org) in the Department of Bioengineering at the University of Illinois seeks qualified candidates for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position. The successful candidate will independently develop and optimize CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technologies to treat central nervous system disorders in vivo, with a focus on neurodegeneration. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who will rapidly integrate into our collaborative and dynamic research teams within a supportive atmosphere and a strong intellectual environment.
Required qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. in the biological sciences (e.g. molecular or cell biology, neuroscience, biochemistry, bioengineering or biomedical engineering) or chemical sciences (e.g. chemical biology).
- Work well in a multidisciplinary research team, and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with fundamental laboratory techniques, including but not limited to molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, and immunohistochemistry.
- Prior experience working with animal models is a plus.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate is a full-time, benefits-eligible position appointed on a 12-month service basis.
This position is available immediately but the start date is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names/contact information for three references to Dr. Pablo Perez-Pinera at pablo at illinois dot edu. Please include “Postdoctoral Research Associate” in the subject line of the email. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance