Are you an Experimentalist with expertise in solid state quantum devices like superconducting or semiconducting qubits?
Do you want to work with a vibrant team of experimental and theoretical physicists?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a creative quantum scientist to help us grow new projects and mature existing ones. As a member of our team, you'll contribute to research that test numerical models against real-world experimental results. You will join our hardworking team of quantum scientists who want to expand the state-of-the-art in quantum science. We are passionate about building new and exciting solutions for our sponsors. We strive to cultivate an environment of collaboration and teamwork. Also, we are committed to integrity and honesty, and value substance and innovation.
As an Experimental Quantum Physicist at APL you will...
- Propose and lead independent research projects focus on novel quantum devices, controls, or characterization techniques.
- Work collaboratively with other APL staff to identify emerging challenges with quantum solutions.
- Support ongoing programs in quantum information science by making immediate contributions to efforts that are looking to implement quantum characterization, control, and mitigation strategies in superconducting qubit systems.
You meet our minimum qualifications if you...
- Have a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Have at least 2 years of post-doctoral (or equivalent) experimental experience with qubit systems.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a proven record of research accomplishments and publications in the field of quantum science.
- Are willing to occasionally travel to sponsor sites, conferences and workshops.
- Are able to obtain TS/SCI+poly level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have significant experience modeling multi-level, multi-qubit, and/or light-matter interactions.
- Have a record of significant contributions on projects pursuing highly sophisticated objectives.
- Have experience collaborating closely with theorists.
- Hold an active TS/SCI+poly security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers<http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers>.