This position is for a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry in UF’s College of Pharmacy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in collaborative research group spanning the areas of natural products and medicinal chemistry to pre-clinical whole animal pharmacological and pharmacokinetic studies;
- Working with Principal Investigator on developing novel treatments for pain, drug abuse, and other neuropsychiatric disorders using highly quantitative behavioral pharmacology in concert with cutting-edge approaches in medicinal chemistry, drug formulation, and pharmacokinetics;
- Performing bioassay-guided isolation of natural products, indole alkaloid isolation, secondary isolation and identification, modern analytical techniques as well as producing extracts, fractions, or pure compounds for evaluation of their biological activity with Central Nervous System (CNS) as drug targets, as required by the research design;
- Knowledge and experience with theoretical and computational approaches to drug design;
- Presenting research findings at conferences, scientific meetings, and seminars or through publications in major peer-reviewed journals;
- Assisting PI in securing extramural funding to support ongoing research projects as well as new projects;
- Pursuing independent research in the area of drug development and discovery in consultation and/or approval of PI; and
- Performing other related duties within the scope of the position, as required or designated.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry, or a closely related field.
- Experience with isolation and characterization (NMR, HPLC, MS) of natural products from raw plant material. Strong understanding of drug discovery and development. Experience with indole and heterocyclic chemistry. Experience with theoretical and computational chemistry methods.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
This is a time-limited position.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.