Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University
Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The College of Architecture offers undergraduate and graduate professional programs to prepare individuals to enter the professions of architecture, landscape architecture, construction management, urban and regional planning and visualization. The planning, design and construction of the world’s buildings, cities and landscapes involve a variety of professional skills. The faculty of architects, urban planners, landscape architects, engineers, computer scientists, constructors, lawyers, historians and artists, in collaboration with educators in the language, philosophy and culture and natural and social sciences, help students develop an understanding of the physical, social, economic and political forces that shape our environment. To learn more about the College of Architecture, please visit us at https://arch.tamu.edu
What we want
The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in urban planning or related fields
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in healthy/walkable communities, non-motorized transportation, environment-behavior relationships, research design and methods, GIS and statistics, and interdisciplinary research
- Skills including excellent organization and time management skills, excellent teamwork and team management skills, and effective oral and written communication skills
- Research - The Postdoctoral Research Associate will assist in various project tasks, including: (a) project coordination and data management; (b) development of research protocols; (c) various data collection efforts using survey, accelerometer, GPS, GIS, smart phone app, etc.; (d) geo-spatial and statistical analyses; (e) documentation and publication of the research process and findings, (f) project website management, and/or (g) translation of research findings into guidelines/tools to assist policy and design decision-making processes.
- Documentation / Project Coordinating - Documents the procedure and outcomes of the progress to share with the team.
- Other - Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants : Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.