About the New York Genome Center
The New York Genome Center (NYGC) is an independent, nonprofit academic research institution focused on advancing genomic research. We are furthering investigation and patient care for those suffering from cancer through applying our unique capabilities in whole genome sequencing, RNA sequencing, state-of-the-art analytics, and the development of genomic tools.
We serve as nexus for collaboration in genomic research for the New York community and beyond, building on the combined strengths of our faculty, member institutions, scientific working groups, affiliate members, as well as industry partners. Essential to this commitment is an outstanding faculty who are developing novel approaches to scientific inquiry and leading independent research labs based at the NYGC and one of our member institutions. They also support the NYGC scientific mission and engage in research programs that are of mutual interest with the NYGC and the wider scientific community.
The New York Genome Center is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, protected veteran or military status, domestic violence victim status, partnership status, caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The New York Genome Center takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Dr. Dan Landau’s research group is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on projects in technology development of single-cell genomics.
The Landau Lab (landaulab.org) studies human somatic and cancer evolution. We use both computational and experimental methods to study these questions, with an interdisciplinary integration of approaches from computational genetics, functional genomics, and molecular biology. Our particular focus is on pioneering novel technologies and computational framework to study cancer evolution with single-cell multi-omics.
We are looking for a molecular biology postdoc to join our team to develop novel single-cell genomics technologies. Please include the following items with your application: 1) CV with a list of publications; 2) a short summary of your present and future research interests; 3) a list of three references and their contact information.
- PhD in human genetics, molecular biology, or a related field;
- Experience in sequencing technologies, molecular biology and genomics technology development.
- A publication record;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, along with a high degree of independence and flexibility to thrive in a novel and rapidly changing research environment.
- Technical and Professional Skills: Consistently demonstrates skills and knowledge relevant for current role; strives to expand the depth and breadth of technical and professional skills; works with a high level of integrity; exhibits focus and discipline; appropriately prioritizes, manages expectations and delivers on commitments.
- Collaborative & Communicative: Models collaboration and teamwork; brings out the best in others; effectively works with all levels, internally and externally; respects and embraces diversity of perspective; communicates clearly and listens carefully; uses good judgment as to what to communicate and when to do so.
- Adaptable & Innovative: Adaptable and embraces change; develops new insights and pursues improvements and efficiency; fosters exchange of new ideas and willing to challenge the status quo; takes initiative and is solution-oriented; engages in work with passion and curiosity.
- Leader and Manager: Attracts, develops and retains diverse talent to achieve outstanding results; encourages professional development, coaches and regularly communicates expectations and feedback; aligns and inspires efforts toward our mission; translates organizational vision into action; responsibly utilizes NYGC’s human and financial resources to ensure organizational and financial health; uses good judgment when making decisions; pushes boundaries and generates new ideas.