Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Established in 1946, the Texas A&M University Department of Construction Science has led the way in excellence of construction in higher education. Both graduate and undergraduate programs were among the first in the nation to be accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE). With approximately 1,050 undergraduate and 40 graduate students, our department continues to lead the way as one of finest programs of construction in the nation. We challenge our students, staff and faculty to maintain such standards and we are delighted to have those join us, who can help us in our pursuits. Learn more about us by visiting our website https://cosc.arch.tamu.edu/ .
What you need to know
Please note: This is a temporary 9 month assignment with a potential start date of 11/1/2020 through 7/31/2021.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques from the context of construction management aspects and infrastructure asset management perspectives
- Ability to effectively utilize a computer and applicable software to create databases, perform advanced statistical analyses, present data and perform other computer related tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in civil engineering or construction related field
- One year of research experience in externally funded research projects after obtaining Ph.D. degree in relevant area
- Research proposal development experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong academic and research background in data science for construction management, infrastructure asset management
- Strong background in analytical and computational skills
- Strong record of scholarly publications
- Ability to lead research projects and write grant proposal
- Re search - The main activities will be involved in construction management related data analysis and model development to advance the current cost estimating theories, methods and tools. Another line of research activity will involve data analysis and model development for time impact analysis of construction project schedules to advance current practices, theories and methods. Writing grant proposals with the research group leader is also expected.
- Administrative - Manage and coordinate regular research meetings, mentor PhD and M.S students who are involved in research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.