Performs basic research duties under the supervision/direction of a Physician (Principal Investigator).
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator’s laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
M.D. or Ph.D required
Experience requirements will vary depending on the field of research.
Postdoctoral Fellow 0– no Postdoc experience required
Postdoctoral Fellow 1– one year of Postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 2 – two years of experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 3 – three years of postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 4 – four years of postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in biomedical research required.
Research laboratory environment.
Research laboratory environment