Dr. Hao Xie is a physician scientist who has clinical expertise in colorectal cancer and research in synthetic organic chemistry and translational medicine. He is starting a new laboratory focusing on drug discovery and development using novel patient-derived tumor models and phosphoproteomics in colorectal cancer. His laboratory research projects include the following: 1) design and synthesis of novel small molecules for targeted protein degradation in the form of proteolysis targeting chimera and autophagy targeting chimera; 2) evaluate the biological and molecular effects of targeted protein degradation on KRAS-mutant colorectal cancer and tumor angiogenesis in colotectal cancer. 3) preclinical evaluation of targeted protein degradation in combination with traditional kinase inhibitions.
- Opportunity to work with a team of scientists and physicians in interdisciplinary fields of synthetic organic chemistry, cell biology, and translational research in colorectal cancer.
- Share the motivation of a newly established laboratory for journal publications and grant applicaions.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Completed or completing PhD training in the field of synthetic organic chemistry or chemical biology with organic chemistry experience.
- Peer reviewed journal publication in relevant fields.
- Independently design and perform experiements for research questions and analysize and interpret results.
- Effective oral and written communications with PI and other team members.
- Willing to learn new experiemental techniques and teach other trainees in the laboratory.
- Manage laboratory supplies and maintain laboratory safety.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD or MD/PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and/or chemical biology.
- Should have at least one first (co-first) or corresponding author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for your PhD and/or postdoctoral adviser as a reference to Dr. Hao Xie at Hao.Xie@moffitt.org.
Location: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute · Clinical Science Lab
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, variable