The Institute of Materials Science (IMS) at the University of Connecticut (UConn) is seeking to hire two Postdoctoral Research Associates. The incumbents will lead the design and development of bioelectronics and biosensors. The project will be carried out at the University of Connecticut under Dr. Zhang’s supervision (https://zhangyigroup.com/).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conducts research under Dr. Zhang’s supervision
- Designs and develops sensors and devices
- Carries out data analysis and interpretation
- Writes publications
- Trains and leads a team of undergraduate and graduate research assistants
Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, or other related field; with experience in one of the following research areas:
- Biophotonics or photometry systems
- Neuroelectronic interfaces; implantable neural probes
- Circuits design and wireless power supply and data communication
- Nucleic acid detection or CRISPR technology
- Aptamer SELEX
Start date for this position is anticipated for Fall or Winter 2020. The position is for an initial one-year appointment and is potentially renewable for another two years. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience based on NIH guidelines.