Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain University seeks to welcome a part-time Online Professor of Speech/Communication to our undergraduate degree programs, building long-term relationships with superior educators who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education.
The typical course of instruction may include:
SPCH277 - Interpersonal Communication
This course explores ways in which people interact verbally and non-verbally and teaches basic principles of interpersonal communication including perception, self-concept, persuasive communication, nonverbal communication, semantics, roles and norms and communication barriers. Activities include participating in groups, pairs and interactive communication situations
COMM285: Cross-Cultural Communication
This course introduces basic aspects of cross-cultural communication within and outside of the workplace. It explores various complexities involved in cross-cultural communication, addressing the characteristics of effective communication and factors such as cultural diversity, cultural studies and cultural identities. Written and oral message design and delivery are also addressed.
- Uses technology effectively to provide an outstanding online learning experience, including Canvas, MS TEAMS, websites, and e-mail
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course objectives
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in grading and provide timely feedback to students
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads
- Provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course outcomes
- Provides student remediation within assigned courses.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
- A PhD degree in Speech, Communications, Rhetoric, or closely related field with 18+ earned graduate credit hours directly in the field of instruction
- A minimum of 2 years' teaching experience in an online/virtual environment is required
- Solid subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
- Excellent motivational and instructional skills to be effective in a non-traditional environment
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive, and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.