The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Rollins College seeks to hire adjuncts for the 2020-2021 academic year. The Department seeks candidates with a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate mathematics. Preference given to candidates with experience teaching Pre-Calculus. Qualified applicants will be dedicated to innovative teaching, building relationships, and are welcoming to opportunities that will allow them to work with a diverse campus and community.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and College standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes, and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- In-person teaching is required as part of this appointment
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science provides an educational program in which our students develop the critical-thinking, problem-solving, computational, and active-learning skills essential for responsible decision-making and a broad range of careers in a rapidly changing society. to learn more, please visit https://www.rollins.edu/math-cms.
Founded in 1885, Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation's most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins enrolls approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Rollins ranks number one among 128 Southern master's-level universities in the annual rankings of "America's Best Colleges," released by U.S. News & World Report. For additional information, please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.