Department: WCAS African-American Studies
The Department of African American Studies in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship with a start date of September 1, 2021. PhD must be completed by September 1, 2021. Recent Ph.D.s (degree granted during or after 2019) with a commitment to the field of African American and/or African Diaspora studies, with a focus on historical work, are encouraged to apply.
This two-year fellowship is residential and provides a competitive stipend and benefits, a visiting appointment in the Department of African American Studies (including teaching two classes in the Department), and participation in the intellectual life of the Department and University.
Applicants should submit electronically via this link http://www.afam.northwestern.edu/ by December 14, 2020:
1) a current curriculum vitae,
2) a letter of application detailing the research project to be undertaken during the fellowship years,
3) a sample of scholarly writing,
4) evidence relating to the quality of teaching (syllabi and teaching evaluations),
5) three letters of recommendation (including one letter from the dissertation advisor) to: Post Doctoral Search Committee Chair
All inquiries should be addressed to Suzette Denose at 847-491-5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class. Individuals from all diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. For more information, please see the University’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment at https://www.northwestern.edu/equity/policies-procedures/policies/policy-discrimination-harassment.html
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications will be accepted at the link below; however, we recommend visiting http://www.afam.northwestern.edu/ for a full list of instructions before applying.
Applications accepted here: Apply for Job