Position Type: Education/Teaching/Administration
About Ocean County College
For more than 50 years, Ocean County College, a public two-year college, has continued to provide value added higher education instruction to over 10,000 students annually. With more than 50 academic programs offering options for students to continue their studies and earn a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree through a variety of partnerships with several prominent colleges in New Jersey, the college continues to explore and expand new and innovative programs that can be completed on-line and on campus. Centrally located in Toms River, NJ, the campus spans over 275 beautiful acres within a coastal community that affords student, employees and area residents the opportunity to benefit from a variety of cultural, recreational, entertainment and educational enrichment amenities.
Information about the benefits provided to Ocean County College employees can be found at:
Please Note: At the current time visa sponsorship is not available.
Adjunct Faculty, e-Learning provide online course instruction in a manner that ensures student comprehension, retention of knowledge and positive and effective student engagement. This position demonstrates an understanding of course content; appropriate methods for delivering content via current e-learning technology; and evidence of pedagogical and technological acumen that includes robust instruction and communication practices.
List of Essential Activities
1. Manages and facilitates class activities and adheres to and meets all established college policies
2. Adheres to Ocean County College guidelines and standards for online and online/hybrid learning
3. May attend departmental meetings; and serve on search committees as determined by the School Dean, Dean of eLearning and/or Vice President at their discretion
4. Responds to invitations to make recommendations to the School Dean and Dean of e-Learning regarding the selection of textbooks or other required texts relative to the adjunct faculty member's appropriate academic discipline and teaching assignment
5. Submits final grades no later than 48 hours after the conclusion of their last day of class; remains available to students during the week following the posting of final grades as mutually determined by the School Dean, Dean of e-Learning and/or Vice President and the adjunct faculty member
6. Participates in student learning outcomes assessment related to the adjunct's teaching assignment as directed by the School Dean, Dean of e-Learning and/or Vice President at their discretion
7. Adheres to all established College absence and attendance policies, guidelines and requirements which includes the Adjunct Handbook
8. Completes related projects and duties as assigned
1. Education - one of the following:
a. Master's Degree in the discipline;
b. Master's Degree in a different discipline with at least 18 graduate credits in the discipline;
c. Master's Degree in a different discipline, plus at least two years of directly related professional field experience and/or certification/licensure in the field of specialization
2. Prior experience teaching at the high school or college level; or experience as a trainer or in conducting group presentations
3. Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Recent technology experience as required of the position.
1. Doctorate Degree
2. One year of experience using Learning Management Systems
3. Two years distance learning teaching experience
ADA Selection Definitions: ADA Selection Definitions
ADA Selection: Sedentary
Sedentary Work: Involves occasional (defined as one third or less of the time) lifting of no more than 10 pounds at a time. Work is performed primarily in a seated position and entails no significant stooping, standing, climbing, walking, etc. Many sedentary jobs require good use of the hands and fingers for repetitive hand-finger actions. Working conditions occur within low to moderate noise levels related to use of standard office or classroom equipment.
If other, please specify
Vary depending on course assignment
Duration Type: Semester to Semester basis
Duration of Employment: Based on college needs
Salary: $830 per semester hour
Posting Number: CANC463PT
Open Date: 07/21/2020
Close Date: 09/21/2020
Open Until Filled: No