Pediatrics Post Doc - Butte Lab
Pediatrics Post Doc - Butte Lab Apply now to Pediatrics Post Doc - Butte Lab
- Pediatrics-Administration / David Geffen School Of Medicin / UCLA
Salary range: $60,000 -- $71,952
Open date: August 1, 2023
Next review date: Friday, Sep 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jul 31, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Allergy/Immunology in the Department of Pediatrics is seeking a PhD or MD/PhD for a post-doctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Manish Butte. Applicants need to have a PhD, ScD, or DPhil, preferably in the field of immunology.
The Butte laboratory focuses on understanding and manipulating the immune system to fight infections, autoimmunity, and cancer, with a special emphasis on T cells.
• Track record of starting, finishing, and publishing high quality work
• Ability to work on multiple projects and adapt to new tasks
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Expertise in all standard laboratory approaches in immunology including flow cytometry
• Working with mice (desirable)
• Comfortable working with samples including blood
• Ability to work at biosafety level 2
• Experience in analyzing and visualizing data
• Experience with sterile technique
• Ability to maintain laboratory notebook and data
• Independently conduct research in the PI’s lab
• Write scientific manuscripts, grants, and abstracts
• Present data in regional, national meetings
• Participate in laboratory meetings, educational sessions, specific safety training sessions
• Maintain biosafety and other required trainings
• Provide mentorship to other members of the lab
Interested applicants may apply through this link:
The posted UC salary scales [https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/compensation/index.html ] set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 37-B [https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t37-b.pdf ].
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $71,952.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy. (http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct ).
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
PhD or MD/PhD, ScD, or DPhil, preferably in the field of immunology.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
NoneApply link: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF08733
Help contact: GKisiyan@mednet.ucla.edu
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Los Angeles, CA
Apply now to Pediatrics Post Doc - Butte Lab or
Log in to your portfolio
Need help? Contact the hiring department .
The University of California, Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity .
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, Los Angeles is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities .
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports
Academic RECRUIT Personnel System
University of California, Los Angeles
© 2007-2023 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
*Please mention you saw this ad on DiversePhds.*