Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in the Neural Circuit/Network Studies of Social behavior, Department of Anatomy& Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
The Postdoctoral Fellow will expect to lead a research focus on social behavioral deficits associated with psychiatric disorders. Preferred Postdoctoral Fellow will complement the field of molecular biology, cell biology, viral vector design/production, AAV purification, mouse brain surgery, and mouse behavior.
Successful candidate would have at least 5 years of experiences in gene cloning, cell culture, histology, confocal imaging, animal surgery, and animal behavior.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Techniques: Gene cloning, Cell culture, Viral vector purification, Western blotting, Mouse brain surgery, Social behavioral test using mouse model.
• Daily-based operation of the laboratory jobs including maintaining mouse lines, cell lines, lab equipment, and experimental materials.
• Research, Writing, and Submission/Publication of research papers in peer-reviewed journals.
• Attaining and presenting in national conferences.
• Effective communication with the PI and lab people.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience/Molecular/Cell Biology or related field. The candidate must have techniques/experiences as described above. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Project and funding are available for five years; the initial appointment is for one year, renewable upon mutual agreement and satisfactory progress.
Interested qualified candidates should send a cover letter detailing research experience, CV and a list of 3 references to: Il Hwan Kim, Ph.D. Email: email@example.com
Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience and is competitive for postdoctoral fellows. The position includes an excellent benefits package (http://www.uthsc.edu/postdoc/benefits.php). Located in Memphis, a dynamic Mid-South city rich in culture, history, diversity, music and cuisine, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is one of the largest, most comprehensive academic health centers in the United States with a solid commitment to postdoctoral training. UTHSC is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA/V institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.